2013/11/10

0
Universal Mailer Trouble with Mavericks

I had been using Universal Mailer for years.
Thanks to this plugin, in most cases I don't need to worry about the mail format.
I can't quite work without this plugin...that's how good it is.

However, recently with Mavericks update, I ran into a problem.
No matter how I tried to install, it's not showing in my Apple Mail.

I believe it's properly installed.
The installer said it is, also it shows up in proper path.
However, when I open up Mail, the plugin is still not showing up.



It seems that I am not the only person having this issue.
Had a search and found that a few other people are asking similar questions on Twitter.
And it seems below FAQ #1 & #2 are able to solve the issue.
http://universalmailer.github.io/UniversalMailer/faq.html

In #1, it's related to default options of Apple Mail.
It not quite make sense to me that the options would be off.
They should be already there by default...
But! Right after I typed below commands to confirm it, it's quite obvious...
 > defaults read com.apple.mail EnableBundles
 > defaults read com.apple.mail BundleCompatibilityVersion
 > sudo defaults read com.apple.mail EnableBundles
 > sudo defaults read com.apple.mail BundleCompatibilityVersion

All of the 4 commands replied file not found.
Which means, somehow, they are not there.

So I typed in the 4 commands in FAQ, then start Apple Mail, now they are here.
Still need some more test to make sure they are indeed working, but at least they showed up.


--

Somehow I feel that my Mavericks is not properly installed.
Well, it is up and running, but I just can't stop feeling glitches.
Besides of this Apple Mail issue, there's others like:
・iCloud was not syncing bookmark(Someday, suddenly it works and I don't know why)
・Some settings are not reflecting after configuration, need to restart to see it works.
・Slow disk performance,
・iChat wouldn't use my personal image as icon. (I know it's not "iChat" anymore, I just don't like it's current name)

The way I install Mavericks, is creating my own bootable disk to perform clean install, following this procedure:
http://osxdaily.com/2013/06/12/make-boot-os-x-mavericks-usb-install-drive/
With this way, it does not create recovery partition, which is what I want.
However, with recent issues I ran into, I just can't stop thinking that this is the reason I have so many problems...
While I have no evidence yet.

Need some more experiments...



0 コメント:

 
Template from Ireng Manis modified to suit for Live a Vagrancy